This comprehensive 7-day course covers all the essential, basic and advanced scripting techniques in QuickTest Professional. It takes students through all the basic techniques of scripting in the keyword view to the more advanced programming approaches in the expert view.
90% of this training will concentrate on utilizing advanced Vb scripting in the expert view to equip students with the competitive skills needed to overcome common real-world scenarios. Industry’s sought-after data driven, keyword driven and hybrid frameworks will be covered in great depth as well as more advanced topics.
Real live practical examples in the window and web-based applications are demonstrated throughout the course.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the key principles of test automation; record & replay, synchronization, checkpoints, object spy etc
- Gain a full understanding of how QTP integrates with the system under test
- Understand the features of the Expert View integrated development environment
- Learn how to overcome problems experienced from trying to use record & replay
- Have a complete understanding of how to develop a reliable, robust QTP test scripts
- Learn how to automate a complete test suite using Microsoft VBScript from scratch
- Understand how to structure your automated testing
- Understand how you can design robust tests against dynamic applications using descriptive programming
- Be able to design data-driven, keyword driven and hybrid frameworks and know when to use them
Understand how to manage Object Repositories and the test automation architecture
Anyone with basic knowledge of testing or about to move into a testing role and new users of QTP who need to automate manual testing in a short amount of time
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 6 days (Monday - Friday)
- Skill level Free Sessions
- Language English
- Students 11
- Assessments Yes